Monday, February 10, 2014

.020 WHY IS IT NOT FALL?

The obvious answer to this question is because it is indeed late winter in the northern hemisphere, but you more than likely are not a smart ass and understand that my current distress is due to all the glory that is NYFW. The last two weeks have kept me pretty busy. I have been applying for a third job (it is hard out here for a financially independent college student; good news, i got the job!), working out a new schedule for classes, and attempting to get back in shape. I spent the pocket of free time I had this weekend to update myself on NYFW and let me tell ya, I am thankful I got that third job for more reasons than the fact that my rent can now be paid for. The collections are awe-inspiring and all I want to do now is buy myself outfits to prepare for this coming fall. Admittedly, I am not one for summer apparel. High-waisted shorts and a tucked in shirt are usually enough for me. I prefer to save my money for clothing better suited for cooler temperatures. Anyways, I digress. Onward to one of my new favorite collections!

(Photo credit: Fashionista.com) 

If you do not know by now, I would literally give my soul to the devil (or even a minor demon, I am desperate) to work for Opening Ceremony. Their daily tweets and new collections give me life. Here we see Pantone's color of 2013, emerald, taking residency as well as the coveted navy that I wrote about a few weeks prior to this post. Knee high boots remind me of a dark period in my young life when I wore exclusively Forever 21 and thought knee high boots worked with any outfit. 2007 was a dark time, my friends. I will skirt around the knee high boot trend and hone in on the long coats that I prayed would still show up on the runway. I live for coats and to see the familiar, heavy, long coats of last fall still on the runway leaves me feeling reassured and ready to stock up come after-season sales.

(Photo credit: Style.com - I want to die.)

(Style.com - I usually loathe asymmetrical but wow WOW.)

(Style.com - Tears. Actual tears.)

(Style.com - This reminds me of Ashley Williams and I am sweating.)

(Style.com - This collection hurts.)

As you can tell, I have a lot of emotions when it comes to trying to come to terms with this collection. I wish I could transport myself into a time where I have enough money to wear all of these pieces. To check out more of this collection and a more professional review that is not full of young adult tears, scope out this article on style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment