Monday, January 27, 2014

.019 COUTURE TO RTW

Couture week. A week in which I step back and admire intricate designs and accessories that I, myself, would never care to wear because I find myself gravitating toward simpler designs (not saying that couture cannot be simple, but to generalize, I will say that couture leans towards the avant garde). I feel one can take or leave couture week. Some people drool over dresses while others (and by others, I mean myself) tend to ignore the updates. I prefer RTW, resort, and the standard SS/FW shows. I like imagining myself in the clothing being worn on the runway, and it is not to say that I have a limited imagination, it is more that extravagant is not for me. Now before I get redundant, I would like to say that I am about to present an inspiration board of sorts based on couture week (specifically Ulyana Sergeenko's collection). I wanted to challenge myself, so, enjoy!

(Ulyana Sergeenko. Photo credit: Fashionista.com

I am in love with the jewel tones, the diverse neck lines, and the hourglass silhouettes. I have the body of a 2x4, so something that places emphasis on the waist could really do some wonders on my curve-less body type. I also need to find a way to get my hands on the teal top featured on the second model.


To quote Fashionista: "Sergeenko loves a narrative theme, and this time her heroine travelled via locomotive across the vast plains and mountain ranges of Russia, mingling along the way with noblemen, artists and thugs, much like Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina" Immediately I thought of Hitchcock's Strangers on a Train and while the film does not take place abroad, the murder mystery brought on the "artists and thugs" vibe Fashionista wrote about.



L.E.S.






lost in jewels


No comments:

Post a Comment