Wednesday, December 4, 2013

.010 MORE NINETIES

DKNY, Kenzo, Acne, Stussy, Versace, Alexander Wang, the list goes on . What do these seemingly unrelated brands have in common? All are hopping on board the logo trend and frankly, I am in love.


If you followed the ss14 fashion shows, the logo trend is probably already on your radar. Designers from all ends of the fashion spectrum took a sip of the logo kool-aid and the results are top drawer. Already knock-offs from around the world are hitting the eBay markets and Forever 21 is already on the ball, snagging designs and less-than-shamelessly recreating the runway looks.


Left: Forever 21's "Fashionista Advisory Explicit Style" and Right: Alexander Wang's trend setting sweater.


My personal favorite to come out onto the scene is the Kenzo tiger sweater. Already a favorite with off-duty models and style bloggers, the sweater is statement making and blends together the logo trend and the animal-on-sweater trend (honestly, that is the best name I can give it) that has been circulating the style must haves for the past few years. I hope to get my hands on one of these sweaters, ideally in the maroon color

I see this as a trend worth committing a few dollars to. I love my Stussy sweatshirt and hope to add a few more sweaters in the mix. Hopefully my efforts will not go towards a lost cause, but considering the economy and the irresistible pleasure in having people know who you are wearing, I imagine this trend will stick around.





No comments:

Post a Comment